If you’re looking to replace your blue council bin, the chances are that you’re on the right page. Our 240 litre wheelie bin in blue is a very popular choice with local councils across the country. Just the right size for the average family’s waste, blue is usually the colour of choice for the collection of household recyclables — including plastics, paper, card and aluminium cans.
This size of bin is also ideal for small business premises with regular collections, and it can be used to collect any waste stream. Being UV-resistant and able to cope with chemicals and extreme temperatures, this bin is robust and long-lasting.
Our blue 240 litre wheelie bin is manufactured from HDPE by compact injection moulding in Germany to the highest specifications. The resulting product is easy to clean, and low maintenance thanks to its solid rubber wheels (in a choice of 200mm or 250mm) and corrosion-resistant, zinc-plated steel axle.
The dimensions of this 240 litre wheelie bin are:
- 1063mm total height
- 713mm total depth
- 575mm total width
| Total depth
Further details of this bin:
- Manufactured in accordance with DIN EN 840 and RAL GZ 951/1
- Produced from specially developed, high molecular weight, high-density polyethylene
- Emptied by a stepped comb-lift, shape A
- All usual colours and combinations are available, including red, yellow, green, orange, black and brown
- Ready to accommodate data carriers/transponders (chipnest) as a standard feature
- Marked with the appropriate noise level and the CE symbol in accordance with the regulations of directive 2000/14/EC
This bin can contain around 4 bin bags full of rubbish at any one time
- The lid is equipped with ergonomic handles
- Stacking ribs as standard, this allows for high stacking
- All parts of the wheelie bins can be recycled at the end of their useful life
Check out the drop-down menu for optional extras.
The 240 Litre Wheelie Bin is available in the following colours: